My Crazy Week in 1200 Words

This week has been nothing but, CHAOTIC for me. I’m used to chaos but, this was a little more than I would have liked to handle. I haven’t been to sleep any earlier than 3:00 a.m. on any given day this week and I’m used to late nights but, the stream of current events that have taken place this week has me all discombobulated! Needless to say that I haven’t been to work on time at all this week! Let’s start with the beginning of the week.

Monday I had scheduled eye appointments for my oldest son and youngest daughter and had a scheduled parent teacher conference with my oldest daughters dance teachers. It was also open enrollment for pre school and I’ve been debating enrolling my toddler or continuing to home school him and have a teacher come into our home. That’s a whole other story! I meant to request Monday off from work the week before, but as usual I have way too much going on and it slipped my mind. So… I go to work on Monday morning at 10:30, I’m due in at 9:00 a.m. checked my email and requested to use some comp time and leave due to my hectic schedule that day, I was gone by 11:30 a.m. In the midst of everything I start to hear a weird noise that my car has decided to make every time I turn a corner or turn my steering wheel to the left or the right. I get to all of my scheduled appointments and then head over to my mechanic. I thought it was my steering or axle but, turns I had no steering wheel fluid in my car and the ball joints started to grind. I put steering wheel fluid in the car but, now I need to have all the ball joints replaced AND I’m due for an inspection, lovely!

Tuesday I had no car and left it with the mechanic for the day. I had planned to be in the office by 1:00 p.m. I’m so not used to being without a vehicle. Hubby was my chauffeur for the day! I decided to go and enroll “mini me” in pre school and I won’t know anything until June if he’s been accepted into the program but, I think he needs to be around children his age and able to socialize with them. He’s very smart and is always around adults or his siblings which are considerably older than he is. My oldest is daughter is 14, then my son 13, then daughter 11 and “mini me” the toddler! He is learning a kindergarten curriculum right now. He can count, knows his alphabet, colors, shapes, and speaks very well for his age. He’s really advanced! Needless to say, I didn’t make it in the office on Tuesday at ALL! I was in preschool enrollment for most of the morning and went to the mechanic in the afternoon to wait on my chariot! That was my day!

Wednesday I woke up late after going to bed after 3:00 a.m. doing work online for my job. We have a bi-weekly newsletter that goes out with FREE “swag” for our subscribers and I had to make sure all the giveaways and contests are entered correctly and are up to date. Needless to say that I ignored my alarm clock when it went off and then I didn’t hear it again! I overslept! I made it into the office by 11:00. *bows head in shame* When I get to the office I figure out that the swag newsletter isn’t going out that day but the following week and I’m automatically pissed I stayed up late working on it thinking I was on deadline but, I had time. See how my week has been thus far!

Thursday History pretty much repeated itself! I woke up at 10:30 a.m. after staying up until after 3:00 a.m. and NOT hearing my alarm clock! I start to rush and get ready for work and as soon as I’m ready to leave my home… I’m greeted at the door by a county sheriff and a tow truck! Um… What the heck is going on? APPARENTLY, I was being served with a notice of Levy against personal property and they were trying to seize my vehicle due to unpaid taxes. Um… what? So, my hubby used to own a motorcycle which we sold and returned the plates to DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) along with another vehicle which we don’t drive anymore. The vehicle is still in out possession but, it’s parked and we’ve returned the plates to DMV. Let me say that these plates were returned in 2006/2007! DMV didn’t put them in the system as being returned and we were still being charged taxes on them, with the charges accumulating each year becoming delinquent. Lovely! So, now even though all of our current vehicle taxes are paid in full they can still seize a current vehicle and auction it off if they wanted to, so it would cover the unpaid taxes we owe. Well, there is no way they were leaving with my vehicle so… I had to pay the delinquent tax amount owed along with a $75.00 towing service bill even though my car wasn’t towed anywhere! I’m livid! I asked if I could write a check and they said not on delinquent accounts so I had to be escorted to the ATM by a sheriff and tow truck. Let’s not talk about how that felt! Then I’m instructed to go downtown to the County Tax Administration Office and show them my receipt and have them sever our names from the license plates or they’ll still continue to charge me taxes on vehicles that I no longer have or operate. If you’re in North Carolina, learn from me! Make sure DMV marks your plates as returned in their system and save your receipts so you can prove it if you ever need to. Whatever doesn’t kill me, makes me stronger… Right? WOOSA!

Friday actually TODAY! I was up all night with a sick toddler. When he has a cold and is congested and stuffy, with fever he can’t sleep due to the fact that he can’t breathe properly and his asthma starts to kick in. We fell asleep in between 4-6 a.m. this morning after administering an asthma treatment. I woke up at 10:30 a.m.and made it into the office by eleven! Now my alarm clock does go off daily at 7:00 a.m. and I usually get up and make sure my teens are good to go and off to school. I usually press “snooze” and lay back down until I get annoyed enough to get up! I know… I know… that’s such a bad habit! I’m NOT a morning person! I’m usually 15-20 minutes behind schedule on any given day. I’ve been punctually challenged to the tenth power this week! This week has just been _______________, you fill in the blank! Okay so, this morning it was brought to my attention by hubby that “mini me” has been turning my alarm off all week when it goes off. He usually see’s me press snooze daily and lay back down so he was pressing “END ALARM” instead of “SNOOZE” and jumping back in the bed with me and I’ve been sleeping in all week! Ha! Welcome to my world!


  1. Ha, what a CRAZY week, but like always you made it to the end! Sorry you had to go through sooooo much. I love the fact the baby is getting extra cuddle time with mommy, very smart kid:) Miss yall, ttyl.

  2. Can’t blame the kid, he doesn’t have to go to work. lol See if you can turn in a little earlier and place the alarm where he can’t reach it. Load up on some vitamins for this marathon. You’re in for the long haul!

  3. Followed you from MBC, hope you will follow back :)

Speak Your Mind


CommentLuv badge

Content Protected Using Blog Protector By: PcDrome.